Now-a-days, the children or toddler safety is one of the maximum hard duties created with the aid of the web or the virtual global for all of the parents. So that you could offer an ease, the antivirus issuer, McAfee has developed its product i.e. McAfee safe circle of relatives for defensive the child in addition to different own family members of the customers
In this McAfee activate product, the dad and mom could easily configure the set of policies for placing the boundaries associated with what applications their toddler could access or do on the tool. For an example: the dad and mom should set the time limit that their baby cannot get admission to the websites or applications after 9:00 p.m.
the dad and mom could set 3 styles of guidelines that include programs, web sites, and display time rules on the McAfee safe own family product. As a consequence, through following the best step wise methods specific in the under records, the parents should set the various rules on their McAfee activate product.
For activating the McAfee secure family product on the device, the users may redeem the license key code both from the McAfee retail playing cards and thru order confirmation emails of the McAfee Activate.
- Application Rules:
McAfee Safe Family enables the parents to configure the applications to determine whether their child could access or execute the application on the device or not. To do so, follow the stepwise procedure mentioned below:
- Firstly, launch the McAfee Activate user interface of McAfee Safe Family on the device.
- And then, go to the “Rules” icon on the interface.
- Here, a list having all the profiles of members of the family added will be displayed, including kids.
- From this list, click the child for whom the parents want to change the policy.
- Now, to view the Application rules, select the “Apps” tab, by clicking on it.
- Here, select the type of device used by the selected child profile, from the drop down menu.
- After this, scroll down the application list and move the slider in front of it, to allow or block the application from running on the device.
- Web Rules:
By configuring web rules on the McAfee Safe Family, the parents could set the restrictions over specific websites as well as types of websites that could not be accessed by their child. To do so, follow the steps in the same order as detailed below:
- Open the user interface of the McAfee Activate on the device.
- And then, go to the “Rules” panel.
- Now, tap the child profile for which the parents want to set the web rules.
- And then, select the “Web” tab for accessing the Web rules.
- After this, set the rules by adopting any one of the following options listed below:
- Website Types: This option allows the parents to block the websites by browsing its type from the list of websites that could be identified by the McAfee Activate software of McAfee Safe Family. To do so, the parents only need to toggle the button to either allow or deny the kids’ access to it.
Specific Websites: This option helps the parents to add the specific websites from being accessed by their child. To do so, click the “+ Add Site” icon to add the website to the list. On completing the website list, the parents can either block or allow them, by toggling the button at the bottom.